One of the many game servers we operate here at #GayGeeks Towers is a Minecraft server. Joining us is simple!
Connecting to #GayGeeks Minecraft
Note: Please make sure your computer is able to properly run Minecraft. You will need a machine running Windows 7 or later, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later, or an up-to-date Linux installation. You will also need semi-modern graphics hardware and at least 2GB of RAM.
First, download the Technic Launcher from the Technic Pack website.
Once it’s downloaded, simply paste this Modpack URL into the text box in the top left corner of the window and hit enter:
Note: You can increase the memory limits for Minecraft by clicking the gear / settings icon next to the close button in the main launcher screen after adding the mod pack.
Java Note: It is highly recommended that you use a 64-bit version of Java if you are using a 64-bit machine!
More importantly, Have Fun!
As with all things, there are a few server admins around to help if things need to get done. Your friendly neighbourhood overlords are:
- TwoWholeWorms (Syniq in-game)
- HappyMug (Zardrastra in-game)
If you need a hand, just prod one of them and they’ll do their best to help you as soon as possible.
Like most Minecraft servers these days, we have a live map of the world available for browsing. This can be found at http://minecraft.gaygeeks.net:8123/.
As with most things, our Minecraft server a few rules which we ask you to please follow as much as possible. These are as follows:
- Above all, listen to the admins and moderators. These are currently TwoWholeWorms and Zardrastra.
- Do no harm: Griefing and destruction of the portions of the world inhabited by users is strictly prohibited and you will most likely just be booted off the server without warnings if you do this. So don’t. o.o
- Don’t be a dick. This one’s fairly self-explanatory.
- If you’re unsure about something, ask. We don’t bite! (Unless you want us to. 😉 )
- If you need help, ask. Pretty much anyone connected to the server will help you if you need a hand with something or want to know about something on the server.